There are the oversharers of the internet who we love to follow because of their all too candid online revelations. On the most part though, society has become more social media savvy and we now tend to err on the side of caution with our social media and blog sharing. But these carefully curated posts don’t necessarily convey the core of a person. So in the spirit of full disclosure I have decided to get candid, and have put together a list of 5 things you probably don’t know about me. Eeek!
- There are 5 children in my family and we’re all are girls. I’m the middle child. Raised by our beautiful mum, we’re a tight knit family, and can be very, let’s say passionate? But what would a family be if we didn’t have our fair share of bickering. Ultimately though we’re super loyal and supportive of each other.
- While I am the only one of us 5 sisters not married or engaged, I have been with my partner the longest. I hate change and consequently have put off adulting for as long as possible. I made the conscious choice to wait until all my sisters are married before I agreed to take the plunge. With my little sister getting married in 4 months’ time, I guess I achieved my goal of being the last woman standing, so watch this space…
- I have a unique talent of being able to grip things with my feet. Rather than bend over to pick something up, I curl my toes around an item to lift it to my hand. Upon reflection this unique skill may be the height of laziness, I really shouldn’t be too proud of this.
- Recently I took an ancestry.com DNA test to learn more about my heritage. My mother migrated to Australia from Chile, so I knew there was a chance I might have a sliver of Native American DNA but I was blown away to find out my DNA is 20% Native American, mixed mainly with European DNA!
- I had braces in my teens, but silly me, I didn’t wear my retainer. A decade later I’ve had the joy of wearing braces again as an adult.
And with a couple of candid and personal snaps, like the moment I was restrained by Mickey Mouse for being too enthusiastic, being snapped running without inhibition through a vineyard, and some family photos, I’m out.